Sweden's first technical educational institution Pauliskolan formerly Pauli gymnasium, is a upper secondary school. Built-in 1853 and designed by John Smedberg, and he was also a teacher at the school. The school has its origins in the Technical Elementary School, founded in 1853 as Sweden's first technical educational institution. The Technical Sunday and Evening School were founded the same year, which schools were merged in 1855 under a joint board. In 1896, when these schools moved into new premises, the Sunday and evening school was changed to the Technical Vocational School. In 1908, an extension was added to the vocational school. The name was then changed to Högre Tekniska läroverket. In 1966, the then technical school was changed to Pauliskolan. In 2006, a merger of Pauliskolan, Öresundsgymnasiet and Bernadottegymnasiet then the name was changed to Pauli gymnasium. In the summer of 2013, Pauli Gymnasium regained the name Pauliskolan. The school now offers upper secondary education technology program, natural sciences program, and social sciences program. As of the autumn term of 2018, Pauliskolan is a UN school.